Welcome to the Houston Counseling Association
Houston Counseling Association (HCA) counselors practice in a variety of institutional settings such as schools, state and local agencies, colleges, and universities. Our membership also includes private practitioners, social workers, college students, and retired mental health providers.
Message from the President
Greetings from the Houston Counseling Association! I am glad you have been able to find us on the web and I would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join our organization. As a Chapter of the Texas Counseling Association, we provide a wealth of opportunities to engage with other mental health professionals within Houston and throughout Texas. I believe that through networking with all counselor stakeholders we will help improve the quality and accessibility to mental health services. Below is a list of just some of the opportunities we have to offer.
The Houston Counseling Association:
- Hosts professional development workshops for licensed professional counselors, students, professional school counselors, and other mental health practitioners
- Promotes networking opportunities for professional counselors to meet, collaborate, and share referral information
- Engages in community service activities to promote mental health in Houston and beyond
- Organizes professional counseling advocacy events to promote standards of excellence in counseling and access to mental health services
- Awards scholarships to graduate students of professional counseling
I have personally benefited from the variety of events provided by this organization. Whether it be networking to find an LPC-Supervisor or job opportunities, learning to advocate to the Texas legislature about important mental health issues, gaining new skill to add to my counseling tool box, or simply finding consultative support, HCA has provided me with a wealth of experience. I hope that the Houston Counseling Association will be an organization that you too can find opportunity. I look forward to seeing you at one of our many upcoming events.
Keyana Williams, M.Ed.